Tickets still available here. The show begins at 8:00PM EST and will last until 8:50pm.
One more day to go until the big show. And I do mean big (biggish, at least). We put a lot of work into turning it into something worth watching. So the worst thing would be for your computer or internet connection to mess the whole thing up.
Here’s a quick list of things you can do before the show starts to make sure you’re getting the full experience.
Ensure you have the latest version of your browser.
If not, click below to download one of our recommended browsers:
Check your internet speed.
- Test your connection speed at www.speedtest.net.
- For Viewers, StageIt suggests a download speed of 3Mbps or higher. Less than this can impact the experience, creating issues with either or both the video/audio stream and the chat.
- If you have the choice, your best bet is to connect directly to your modem with an ethernet cable, rather than watch over WiFi.
Ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash.
Stageit shows are presented in Flash Player. See if you have the latest version.
No Mobile Devices
Remember…you cannot watch on mobile devices like iPhones or iPads because they don’t support Flash.
So…if you don’t have the recommended setup, upgrade ASAP or head to a friend’s house. I don’t want you to miss out!
Hope you enjoy the show.
After Show Details
If you’re hoping to be one of the Top 10 Supporters and get a chance to watch and/or listen to the After Show, you will need to have the latest version of Skype installed on your computer or mobile device. It’s a free download here. If you already have it, make sure you’re running the latest version.
The After Show begins at 9:15 PM E.S.T.
If you are one of the Top 10 Supporters:
- You will receive an email from me after the StageIt show ends around 8:50PM just to confirm that you’re invited to the After Show on Skype. Look out for my email and be sure to check your spam folder. The email will be sent to whatever address you used to sign into StageIt.
- After the StageIt show ends, sign on to Skype.
- Add me as a contact. Contacts > Add Contact > Search Skype Name valemmich.webconcert
- Once you find me, click the Add Contact icon and send me a request. Be sure to include your StageIt name and/or real name so I can identify you as one of the Top Supporters.
- Wait for me to accept your request and write you back with further instructions.
- Begin the process right after the StageIt show. Hopefully if you run into problems, you’ll have time to fix it. If you do have problems figuring out how to use Skype, refer to their Support page. If you have trouble finding me on Skype, you can search by my name, Val Emmich. If you still can’t figure it out, you can try to email me at email@example.com and if I see it in time I will try to get you squared away.
- After I’ve called you on Skype and you’ve confirmed that you can see/hear me, please mute your microphone. If 10 people have their microphones open during the show, it will adversely affect the experience.
Some of the strange Polaroids going out in Song Shop packages. A few days left to order a personalized song for x-mas. valemmich.com/songshop
This is 2011. This is me holding a guitar in 2011. It is not my guitar. I don’t know where it came from. But I know where my guitar is. It’s in my house in the year 2013, which is the current year. In a few days I will be picking up my own guitar and playing a show in said house with my band around me and that show will be broadcast on the web. The date of that show is this Saturday, Dec 7, 2013 and the time is 8PM EST. Do you want to see me strum my own guitar in my own house in the year 2013? If so, go to valemmich.com/events for info/tickets. Photo by @thecameraclicks
Just a few days left to order a song at regular price!
Starting Dec 10, Rush Prices go into effect for Christmas delivery.
Song Shop fully closes on 12/16.
A PERSONALIZED SONG FROM ME TO YOU!
BUY A SONG FOR:
… a loved one for the holiday.
… a birthday gift.
….an engagement present.
… a get-well gesture.
… yourself…cuz you feel like it.
Order now at valemmich.com/songshop
New prices starting 12/10!
4 SONG OPTIONS:
- JINGLE | $50 thru 12/9 [$100 starting 12/10 for Xmas delivery. Regular price 2014 delivery.]- I’ll write/sing you a 30-second acoustic-based jingle. Consider it a silly/sincere theme song for yourself or the one you love. Use it as your outgoing message or as a daily mantra. Here’s a sample.
- ACOUSTIC MP3 | $150 thru 12/9 [$225 starting 12/10 for Xmas delivery. Regular price 2014 delivery.] - I’ll write/sing you a full-length acoustic song with your input. The same as the old Song Shop. Here’s a link to a song I did in 2010 based on a submitted poem.
- WRAPPED ACOUSTIC MP3 | $200 thru 12/9 [$275 starting 12/10 for Xmas delivery. Regular price 2014 delivery.] - Includes the Acoustic MP3 above. I’ll also mail you a handwritten lyric sheet & Polaroid of me to turn your gift into something tangible.
- FULL PRODUCTION MP3 | $300 thru 12/9 [$400 starting 12/10 for Xmas delivery. Regular price 2014 delivery.] - Includes handwritten lyrics and Polaroid. I’ll write/sing you a full-length song with full instrumentation i.e. drums, guitars, harmonies or whatever the song calls for. It’ll sound like a song from one of my albums.
Shop closes 12/16. Order now!
The Veeries rehearsing for Saturday’s web concert live from my home Dec 7 at 8PM EST. Get your tickets now at valemmich.com
Discounts on tons of stuff. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or somebody who has no idea who the _____ I am, there’s plenty to choose from.
One day only. Friday 11/29/13.
Get the Posthaste box set FREE! That’s 60 songs for zero dollars. Eleven years worth of material available for immediate download.
50% off the Posthaste book. From $15 down to just $7. Learn all the secrets behind my career, why I’m a little messed up. Paperback, 100 Pages.
Are you a fan of the tangible? Get half price on any of my CDs below—that’s just $5. Flip through all the pages of lyrics & artwork that I labored over for endless hours.
Buy Now / Tracklisting
Buy Now / Tracklisting
Buy Now / Tracklisting
Buy Now / Tracklisting
And if you order a Song Shop song ($150 version or higher), I’ll throw in a free Song Shop Jingle (value $50) about whatever & for whoever you want. And I’ll also send you a handwritten lyric sheet & Polaroid whether your package includes it or not. So that’s one-and-a-half songs for the price of one, plus some goodies in the mail. More info here.
Note: When you place your Song Shop order, there will be no indication that you’re getting the Black Friday sale. Rest assured, if I see that your order came thru sometime before midnight on 11/29, I will deliver the extra goods as promised.
Get my Instagram photos on ready-to-hang canvas, T-shirts, magnets, pillows or iPhone cases at Twenty20.com/valemmich. I don’t set these prices. They are what they are.
Check back Friday & all sales will be active.
P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to my Americans.
Working on a Song
Val Emmich • Val Emmich Song Shop
So I’ve almost gone insane from the pressure of finding the best words/ideas/things to send you for my two remaining Song Shop requests. If I’m feeling this, how must actual artists feel? Do you feel like any idea could go in a million directions and if you take one wrong turn it could all go wrong? Like something could be good but not great. Or is that what makes you guys special.. things just.. fall into place and end up being magical? So many questions.
My answer: don’t worry about it. Trust me, your email isn’t going to determine whether a song is good or shit. The pressure is all on me. All I ask is that you be honest. Honesty equals emotion and emotion is why we listen to music. I’ll put it all together. If Jerry Seinfeld could make a show about nothing, I can make a song about nothing, too. Because the truth is it’s never really about nothing. It’s always about something. Listen above to see what I mean.
Order your own song at valemmich.com/songshop
I’ve already started delivering Song Shop songs to people this month. Here’s some of the feedback I’ve gotten so far:
- "This is the most amazing gift I have ever received/given. My husband & I decided this was our Christmas gift to each other. Val wrote a song about us as if he has stood witness to the bloom of our relationship. We have followed Val’s music since his first album so he has been a been apart of our lives for sometime and having him write our song just seals the impact to which he has had on us. I cried my eyes out during the first listen. It took about 5 times before I could hold it together through the whole song. I also smiled and laughed and fell more deeply in love my husband.
In the rush and stress of day to day life it’s nice to have a reminder that I can turn on and remember what it’s all for. Ok, crying again. Thank you for taking the story of my life and creating something so beautiful.”
- "I asked Val for a song to celebrate the joy of life found within my daughter. I mentioned a few things about her - what she loves; what drives her nuts. He captured it all in a song that absolutely rocks. The lyric sheet and Polaroid shot of Val make it the best upcoming Christmas present.”
- "I just received the song I plan to give to my partner for Christmas. Val hit it out of the ballpark if you ask me. It made me smile and am very excited to see the expression of my partner’s face when he receives it. Val is truly a talented artist, and really gets in touch with his audience. Well worth it!”
A regular size human captures me being amused by a very small human & tells me I don’t smile enough.
Someone asked me to answer a question on camera, so here’s a video blog. It’s just me talking, but there’s a taste of music at the end. Topics include my dog, coffee, future music, Song Shop and the Dec 7th web concert.
If I come off sedated:
- I’m sick
- I’ve got stuff on my mind
- That’s just my voice
- I’m actually an enthusiastic person underneath
- You try it. It’s hard.
- Just because we’re in the age of sharing doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do.
So what do you think? Do you want to see more of these? Or was it incredibly boring?
A preview of our setup for the Dec 7 web concert from my home. Get your tix now. #TheVeeriesAreBack
I haven’t played a show with The Veeries in over a year. We will reunite for one night only to perform right in my house in Jersey City, but you can watch from anywhere in the world. Crack open your favorite beverage & join us for an intimate, but full-on rock show.
Saturday, December 7, 2013
8:00 PM E.S.T.
Buy A Ticket & Name Your Price
Prizes for Top Supporters including private listening session of brand new never-heard songs
In the meantime, watch this video of me & The Veeries recording “Wooly Mammoths” in the studio.
And here’s a free Veeries download, too.
Anticipation building at Irving Plaza for Built to Spill.
Hey Val! It's been a long time since I asked a question and by long I mean a little over a year. So let me get to my question, enough small talk, am I right? Val, what would your dream role be to play either in a movie, tv show, or play? - Abigail
The medium doesn’t matter to me. It’s all about the role and the creative team around it. Ten years ago it seemed like you could find the best roles and biggest thinkers in film. But now it seems TV is where all the juicy stuff is. I’m not well-versed in theater. But yeah, each outlet has its pros and cons. All things equal, I don’t care where I am—it’s about the role.
Songshopping. “D-minor, the saddest of all keys.” I kinda want to use this song for myself but alas it belongs to Mike. valemmich.com/songshop